Online manual for Mac mini SSD Kit
1. Disassemble Mac mini Mid 2011. The photo shows two SATA connectors for standard drive (lower) and additional drive. Every Mac mini Mid 2011 has these connectors.
Both connctors are SATA 3.0. So if you choose SATA 3.0 SSD, your Mac mini will become a super fast machine.
2. Disassemble Mac mini Mid 2011 almost completely. At last, remove upper drive mounter. Every Mac mini Mid 2011 has this mounter.
3. You can add 9.5mm thick 2.5 inch HDD or SSD. Put four grommets and screw on the drive, using T6 torx driver. (Torx driver is not included in the kit.) The grommet color may be white or black.
4. Connect the cable in the kit to the drive, and tape it. The tape is included in the kit.
5. Deform the maunter and insert the grommets into the holes. Confirm the fitting and reinstall the mounter with the drive into Mac mini.
6. Reinstall the logic board, etc. and connect the SATA cable to the logic board.
Now hardware installation is finished. Confirm the installtion again, and ready to power on. Mac mini boots up from the standard drive. You can initialize the new drive.